Tag, You're It - 8 random facts

Sea, the talented gluten-free chef behind the ultra-delicious Book of Yum, recently tagged me for a MEME. According to wikipedia: "a meme is defined within memetic theory as a unit of cultural information, cultural evolution or diffusion that propagates from one mind to another analogously to the way in which a gene propagates from one organism to another as a unit of genetic information and of biological evolution. Memes, like genes, do not purposely do or want anything — they either get replicated or not." I agree, that this sounds like a lot of fancy jargon for a chain letter.

I was always one to ignore the flood of memes in my email inbox in college or more recently on Myspace pages. For some reason, I feel compelled to keep this meme going. Thanks for thinking of me Sea. Here are eight random facts about Ms. Gluten-Free Guide:

1. My brother and I share a birthday, born two years apart within an hour of each other
2. I speak Italian fluently
3. When I lived in Rome, I could see the Coliseum outside my door every morning as I left my apartment
4. Yoga brings me peace
5. I worked in a medical lab doing research for two summers
6. I was on the math team in elementary school and Jr. high - other kids had awards for sports - I had "Math Trophies" (don't worry I wasn't a complete recluse, I was on the swim team too)
7. I don't have a middle name
8. I can fall asleep in any moving vehicle

I'm supposed to tag 8 people, but it's a big step just to get me started so here I go with six (sorry if you've already been tagged):

Allergic Girl from Don't Pass the Nuts
Bea from La Tartine Gourmande
David from Gluten Free NYC
Erin from Gluten Free Fun
greenfrog from Inlimine
Kelly from The Celiac Chicks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine,

Thanks a lot for the tag! It is nice to read a bit more about you. Italian fluenty eh? So French is easy then, non? And falling asleep in any moving vehicle? You are lucky!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks! I don't know how these things work? Help?! email me at my work email please! ;)

Anonymous said...

oh hey...that was me!

Catherine said...

Bea, I tried taking a French course a couple of years ago - sadly I never put it to use and remember absolutely nothing!

Kelly - the email is on it's way

David Marc Fischer said...

Okay...done (under protest, of course)!