A Summer BBQ - Grilling Gluten-Free



I escaped from the city recently for a day of great conversation and food in Montclair, NJ. My dear friends Jed and Chris invited me out to their house for one last hurrah before they said farewell to suburbia and responded to the urban call of Brooklyn.

Chris went to every effort to ensure that we would have an entirely gluten-free dinner that even the kids would enjoy. While I'm sure I could wax on forever about how delicious the food was and how truly loved I felt, I think in this case the pictures speak much louder than my words possibly could.


I will, however, leave you with a recipe. We ate our grilled corn on the cob smothered with Cilantro Lime Butter. Its spicy kick may be too strong for the little ones, but it's delicious on corn or even on steak (thanks go to Arvin for pointing that out).

(Gluten-Free) Cilantro Lime Butter

2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)

1/3 cup chopped cilantro
zest of 2 limes, juice of one
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon of cayenne

In a small bowl stir the salt and cayenne into the softened butter. Add the lime zest and juice, stir. Add the cilantro and stir until evenly mixed.
You can serve this immediately. If you need to make it ahead just pull it out of the fridge about 30-45 minutes before serving so that it softens slightly.














Grilling gluten-free can be simple and easy, and it doesn't get much better than eating outside on a warm summer night.






3 comments:

ByTheBay said...

Oh those pictures are so great! The food looks wonderful. I also clicked over to your Flick'r and I love your friend's "Marriage is for Tax Codes and Mormons" shirt.

Allergic Girl® said...

GF grilling-yum, and i love composed butters, so good!

Catherine said...

Bay - wasn't that shirt great? It was a quote from Grey Gardens.